Let’s Explore, Dude! : Touring in the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology (FCSIT) using AR mobile application

Nur Syahirah, Syazwani (2020) Let’s Explore, Dude! : Touring in the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology (FCSIT) using AR mobile application. [Final Year Project Report] (Unpublished)

[img] PDF (Please get the password from TECHNICAL & DIGITIZATION MANAGEMENT UNIT, ext: 082-583913/ 082-583914)
Nur Syahirah Syazwani.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (1MB)

Abstract

Augmented reality (AR) is an immersive view of a real-life setting where objects that exist in the physical world are augmented by visual knowledge created by the computer. Augmented reality is used to improve the natural circumferences or conditions and to give knowledge enhanced with perception. Augmented reality divide by two which is markerbased augmented reality and markerless augmented reality. Marker-based augmented reality is used in this project and it is an application that does not require of previous user interface experience to add 3D material onto a scene and keep it to a set space level. The project is to develop a touring mobile application such as Waze and Google Maps but the addition of AR mode. Normally, new students and visitors always lost their way to find such as tutorial room, computer science lab, library, etc. Besides that, the proposed project is to develop an augmented reality of touring, but the scope is for the UNIMAS students, staff, and visitors. The exact place to be testing at the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology (FCSIT). The expected outcome from this proposed project is a functional AR mobile application that can be used for all people and full of interaction in the application also have a good guide with understandable instructions. Based on the user tester, the probability for her to approve and like this application is 95% where the remaining 5% lost is due to the capsule issue that hard to find. As we all know, the capsule is one of the crucial and important things in this application as it functions to lead the user to the selected destination and locations.

Item Type: Final Year Project Report
Additional Information: Project Report (BSc.) -- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, 2020.
Uncontrolled Keywords: augmented reality, marker-based, touring, location-based, methodology.
Subjects: Q Science > QA Mathematics > QA75 Electronic computers. Computer science
Divisions: Academic Faculties, Institutes and Centres > Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
Depositing User: Gani
Date Deposited: 24 Feb 2021 08:08
Last Modified: 24 Feb 2021 08:08
URI: http://ir.unimas.my/id/eprint/34522

Actions (For repository members only: login required)

View Item View Item